Fiscal Management is a Key to Success
Too often, accounting and tax issues aren’t a priority for startup companies; falling to the bottom of the to-do list in favor of other priorities like fundraising, product development and marketing. However, it’s important to note that your balance sheet is a critical aspect of your company’s foundation. This is true at the beginning of your journey and as you grow and become more successful. If your finances are in disarray, investors may be wary of providing the critical capital needed to help your business grow.
One of the benefits of working with a firm like Brown Smith Wallace is our ability to grow with your organization. We can provide the essential services you need at the outset, like helping to define your organizational structure. This process includes:
- Assisting you with completing tax filings for all the appropriate tax jurisdictions
- Accounting software set-up and related training and consulting
- Other income tax consulting services for you and your company
As your business matures, we have the specialists on hand to address more complex matters related to employee payroll, foreign tax consulting and compliance, state income and sales tax reporting compliance, and valuation services.
St. Louis Startup Community Survey
We work closely with some of the most influential groups in the St. Louis startup ecosystem. We know the community—we understand the challenges young companies face and we know what it takes to mature into a profitable, thriving organization.
In an effort to provide business insights, trends and challenges about the startup community, we launched a survey in 2015. We received input from startup founders, employees, investors, and other groups that support the startup community. You can download a copy of the report at this link.
Click here for a more in depth look into each of these services.
- Accounting System Consulting
- Employee Consulting and Compliance
- Foreign Tax Consulting and Compliance
- Ownership Consulting and Capital Raising
- Financial Statement Services
- Sales and Use Tax Compliance
- Income Tax Compliance: Federal, State and Local
- Other Specialty Services