Ted is Partner in Charge of Brown Smith Wallace’s Advisory Services practice. He is responsible for leading engagements that help clients manage business risk, improve processes and internal controls, and comply with the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Prior to joining Brown Smith Wallace, Ted spent more than 13 years at KPMG LLP where he was responsible for leading audit and advisory service engagements. Ted’s experience includes:
- Oversees and manages internal audit co-sourcing arrangements and assists internal audit organizations with the development and execution of entity-wide risk assessments and audit plans. Focuses on helping clients develop risk-based, value-focused internal audit plans.
- Leads engagements to help clients put in place strategies and approaches to implement data analysis tools and techniques into the audit process.
- Leads and manages internal control documentation, testing, and remediation engagements as part of various regulatory compliance programs, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements. Assists clients in making their intern control programs more efficient and effective.
- Manages and serves as concurring review partner for SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 examinations for third-party service providers.
- Oversees and manages the execution of construction audit services which are designed to help clients manage and mitigate risks associated with significant, complex capital projects.
- Manages audit and process improvement evaluations of business processes, systems, and implementations. He has performed assessments of numerous systems, policies, and procedures for financial, operational and technology processes.
- Develops policies and procedures to support the consistent and effective execution of processes for clients across various industries. Assists clients with improving processes by reducing redundancy, leveraging technology and enhancing controls.
Ted is a Board member and former President of the St. Louis Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and is a member of ISACA and the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MOCPA). He also serves as a Board member and President of the Crown Center, Board member, Treasurer and Executive Committee member of the St. Louis Men’s’ Group Against Cancer, and Board member, Audit Committee Chair and Executive Committee member of the JCC of St. Louis. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Ted received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting from the University of Texas at Austin.