Lauren is the Human Resources Manager at Brown Smith Wallace and leads the Human Resources department.
She joined Brown Smith Wallace in August 2010 with seven years of Human Resource experience. Her responsibilities and experience have included:
- Coordinating and facilitating recruiting and staffing efforts
- Providing employee benefit support
- Communicating staff updates
- Maintaining performance management system
- Ensuring positive employee relations and high morale
- Managing employee professional development programs
- Planning and executing employee recognition programs
- Analyzing compensation models
Lauren was responsible for constructing and leading the firm’s talent development program Brown Smith Wallace University, which launched in 2013. The University provides employees and clients the development and growth opportunities desired through courses taught by outside and in-house instructors. It also provides credentialed employees with a smooth and efficient means of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) record keeping.
In 2012, under Lauren’s coordination and execution, Brown Smith Wallace launched the Impact Leadership Program, a two-day summer session for accounting students to participate in real-world tax, audit and risk simulations and refine their leadership and professional etiquette skills.
Lauren’s background is diverse and includes experience within many industries including health care, manufacturing and education.
She earned a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Business Administration at Missouri Baptist University. Most recently Lauren received her Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification. She assists in managing the Brown Smith Wallace United Way campaign every year and serves on the Holy Child Catholic School Home and School Board.