Jen is a Principal in the St. Charles office of Brown Smith Wallace and has more than 15 years of experience, specializing in not-for-profit, individual and small business returns.
Jen is responsible for the firm’s not-for-profit tax engagements and provides oversight for other individual and business tax engagements.
Jen enjoys working one-on-one with clients to minimize their tax obligations and help them understand their current tax position. She stays up to date on tax law changes through a variety of continuing education courses and seminars. She has publicly presented on the following topics:
- Brown Smith Wallace NPO Speaker Series – “We Fix Ugly 990s,” December 9, 2015
- MSCPA Not-for-Profit Conference – “990 Deep Dive, UBI and Other Pitfalls,” October 29, 2015
- St. Charles County Association of Realtors “2014 Tax Prep” January 2015
- Q4-2013 NPO Industry Roundtable─Overview of Form 990, October 17, 2013
- “Social Entrepreneurship – A Taxing Endeavor” Missouri Society of CPAs (MSCPA) 2012 Not-for-Profit Conference, October 2012
- “Revenue: What is it? How do we report it?” Not For Profit Financial Managers Association (NFPFMA), May 2009
- “Is this an IRS Form or What?” Joint seminar with Bill Liccione, Compensation Planning Group, March 2009
- “Is this an IRS Form or What?” NFPFMA, February 2008
- “Tax-Exempt Entities (NPOs)” Brown Smith Wallace, LLC, November 2007
Jen has also written for the MSCPA periodical, The Asset:
- “Implementing Effective Enterprise Risk Management Processes”, November 2012
Jen was selected as a 2015 Women to Watch recipient by the Missouri Society of CPAs (MSCPA). Through her membership in the MSCPA she serves on both the Board of Directors and the Finance & Audit Committee and is the former chair of the MSCPA NFP Committee. Jen is a member of the AICPA and also serves on the Finance Committee for Children’s Home Society in Missouri. Jen graduated magna cum laude and with honors with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.