Firm Culture | Current Opportunities | Campus Recruiting | Employee Benefits
Our Brown Smith Wallace Wellness Program includes brown bag lunch series, exercise accountability groups, smoking cessation initiatives, wellness screenings and group participation in community walks and runs. This program is designed to give our Family the information and resources to live well.
According to the National Wellness Institute, there are six dimensions of wellness that contribute to healthy living. The Six Dimensions of Wellness Model, on which our program is based, features these areas of focus:
- Occupational development is related to one’s attitude about work.
- Physical development encourages learning about diet and nutrition while discouraging the use of tobacco, drugs and excessive alcohol consumption.
- The social dimension emphasizes the interdependence between others and nature.
- The intellectual dimension encourages a person to expand his or her knowledge and skills while discovering the potential for sharing his or her gifts with others.
- The spiritual dimension includes the development of a deep appreciation for the depth and expanse of life and natural forces that exist in nature.
- Emotional wellness includes the degree to which one feels positive and enthusiastic about one’s self and life.
Wellness is a key component to success in the workplace. Brown Smith Wallace works to foster healthy living for the Family so our employees can thrive both in and out of the workplace.