The construction industry professionals at Brown Smith Wallace have in-depth expertise in providing tax services to construction industry clients. We’ve worked with large and small contractors, tailoring our wide variety of tax services to fit specific needs.
We can help you devise a proactive tax planning strategy to minimize your tax burden and maximize the benefit to your organization. Our business tax compliance services include:
- Federal tax returns
- Percentage completion and related method changes
- Interest lookback
- Repair and maintenance regs
- Fuel tax credits
- Section 199 domestic production activity deduction analysis
- R&D credits
- Tax provision/deferred income tax calculations
- Financing methods
- Analysis of accounting methods, including application for permission to change method, as required by the Internal Revenue Service
- International tax
- State and local tax services
- Sales tax and state income tax preparation and filings
- State nexus
- State income tax credits
- Voluntary disclosure agreements
- Income tax planning and preparation of personal and business returns
- Sales and use tax consulting, including sales tax exemption
- Representation in federal and state tax matters
In addition, we also offer Wealth and Succession Planning services for owners of construction companies and other individuals that require wealth management services. Our team is prepared to discuss short and long-term strategies to help you achieve your financial goals while planning for the future. We also have business succession planning services that are customized for each client to discuss contingency plans and career paths, and to provide strategies to keep the business interest ahead of the family interest.
If there is a tax service you require, we will either do the work with you, or work alongside you to find the appropriate resources to get it done.