The number of states with legislation that enable captive insurance companies has greatly increased over the past decade. At this point, more than 35 states have some form of statutory framework enabling captives.
In a recent Finance Monthly article, Alan Fine, Partner and Captive Insurance Services Practice Leader, discusses the legislation surrounding captive insurance in the U.S, as well as the advantages and challenges of the captive strategy.
In the linked article, Alan addresses:
- What is the legislation surrounding captive insurance in the U.S.?
- How robust is the current regulatory regime in regards to the sector?
- In what circumstances is it favorable to establish a captive insurance company?
- What are the particular advantages of the captive concept for companies when managing their insurance risks?
- What are the key considerations for companies looking to enter the captive insurance space?
Learn more about captive insurance companies in this Brown Boarding Business Series episode.