As the largest and most experienced IT audit group in this region, our team have extensive expertise with technologies and competencies that you won’t get from an IT audit generalist. Our professionals have significant, relevant, real world experience and expertise which allows us to provide practical and actionable advice and feedback. You won’t have to train us, because this is what we do, better than any other firm. We are confident you will find the risk advisory services team of Brown Smith Wallace the most qualified partner to assist you with your IT audit needs.
We have significant experience providing IT audit services, and have the client roster to support it. Our project management skills allow us to find ways in which we can positively impact their success. We don’t just identify issues, we help you address and remediate challenges as they arise.
Working with the IT audit team at Brown Smith Wallace combines a high level of expertise with strong client service while providing these solutions:
- IT audit plan development and risk assessment
- IT audit outsourcing
- IT security
- IT advisory services
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- System implementation risk management
- Segregation of duties programs
We are frequently hired to assist clients with the development of an IT risk assessment to help them:
- Obtain a better understanding of the IT risks impacting the organization
- Prioritize IT risk areas
- Develop annual or multi-year IT audit plans
We assess threats to the IT infrastructure, the probability of occurrence, the potential impact to the organization and its ability to accomplish its goals. Our IT risk assessment will assist management in identifying appropriate risk mitigation approaches for identified threats that will reduce risks to an acceptable level.
We work with a number of companies as their complete IT audit function. They engage our team to provide IT audit outsourcing. Our highly experienced team can help you:
- Establish a new internal audit function
- Manage the internal audit function
- Perform risk assessments and develop audit plans
- Perform specific internal audits
- Work with executive management and the audit committee
- Provide subject matter expertise
- Provide an internal audit framework and methodology
Companies find IT audit outsourcing to be cost effective because:
- We provide internal audit professionals with specialized skills when you need them.
- Management can effectively manage costs along with peaks and valleys in the internal audit schedule.
- We bring IT audit best practices to the engagement as standard procedure.
Our approach is risk-based and flexible to address your unique environment and budgetary constraints. We work closely with our clients to ensure all activities are thoroughly planned and executed to minimize the impact on normal business operations.