The Employee Benefit Plan Audit Practice at Brown Smith Wallace has deep experience with employee benefit plan audits and is committed to providing quality service to companies of all sizes. Brown Smith Wallace audits more than 160 employee benefit plans annually for clients from a number of industries. Our clients’ plans have 100 to more than 40,000 participants. Revenues also range from less than $1 million to greater than $5 billion in plan assets. We effectively blend the expertise our clients deserve with the proactive one-on-one service approach of a local firm.
Our dedicated team of over 25 professionals supports clients with the often complex audit and financial reporting requirements demanded by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the Department of Labor (DOL). The professionals at Brown Smith Wallace are ready to assist you with the challenges and issues you face, as well as the changes that affect your retirement plans.
The types of plans we audit include:
- Defined Contribution (401(k), 403(b), ESOP)
- Pension Plans (defined benefit, cash balance, money purchase)
- Health and Welfare
- Other 401(a) plans
We provide full-scope audits (including 11-k audits) as well as limited scope audits performed in compliance with GAAS, DOL requirements and the requirements of the PCAOB for plans subject to SEC reporting requirements. Since the inception of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Employee Benefit Plan Quality Center (EBPAQC), we have been an active member committed to performing quality audits and complying with the additional requirements to be a member of the EBPAQC.
Our experienced employee benefit plan auditors provide you with:
- A cost-effective engagement
- Efficient coordination with the plan sponsor, trustee and administrator resulting in timely, accurate reporting
- A quality audit product in compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements
- Completion of audit reports in advance of filing deadlines that enables you to allocate human resources with confidence
- Responsive technical support throughout the plan year, which avoids year-end problems and delays
- A complimentary review of your fiduciary structure, process and policies
For more information, please contact Matt Powell.